Our Special Needs Ministry serves to lead North Park Baptist Church in faithfully loving and including children, youth, and adults of all abilities and disabilities. We believe the body of Christ is genuinely whole when God’s people gather, mature, serve, care and witness together.
Knowing every child is uniquely created in God’s image, our Children’s Ministry is committed to helping all children learn about God’s love. Children with special needs are individually supported to ensure a safe environment and conducive to learning in a way that is accessible to them. Click the button for more info on NP Kids and our ministry to kids with special needs.NP Kids Ministry
The Friendship Club
- Everyone is created in God’s image and is deserving of love and justice—both in our society and in our churches. People who have intellectual disabilities deserve a chance to know about God and feel God’s love. They also deserve to be treated with respect, and to have friendships with others who know and love God.
- Redemption is a gift to all. It’s a gift from God that is not dependent on a certain level of intelligence.
- The church is complete only when it includes all of God’s children and when all people are seen as equals—in God’s eyes and in our own eyes.
- Sessions often start in a large group with singing, sharing, and prayer.
- Next, a Bible lesson is shared. This usually includes group participation, often in drama format.
- This is followed by one-on-one time, where mentors and friends meet to discuss the Bible lesson and pray together. Often this time includes activities related to the Bible study.
- Finally, the group gathers again for social time and a closing prayer or song.
- We also enjoy a fun time of after-glow fellowship with tasty snacks and desserts!